Planning a Safe Visit to T/m
August 11, 2020
UPDATE (August 2, 2021): In accordance with the indoor mask mandate reinstated by the city of Kansas City, Mo., T/m will require museum visitors and staff to wear masks covering face and mouth effective Monday, Aug. 2. Museum visitors are also encouraged to be mindful of appropriate physical distancing while exploring the galleries and museum store. T/m greatly appreciates your cooperation and understanding. We’re in this together!
July 3, 2021: Effective immediately, T/m is no longer requiring guests to wear masks while visiting the museum. Unvaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to wear masks. We are continually reassessing our visitor guidelines and sincerely appreciate your cooperation and support.
May 15, 2021: T/m is aware of the May 13 CDC guidance regarding indoor mask-wearing. Because many of the museum’s galleries are located in confined spaces, and out of consideration for our visitors and staff who have not yet had the opportunity to become fully vaccinated, T/m will continue to require masks while inside the museum until further notice.
There is a lot to see and do at T/m. We suggest visitors allow at least 60 minutes to view the Museum, but many visitors stay for hours. While younger guests are welcome, the Museum is best enjoyed by guests ages five and up.
The health and safety of our guests, Staff, and volunteers is T/m’s top priority. The following guidelines for your visit are designed to support the nationwide effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.
As part of multiple community safety pledges, we are doing all we can to keep visitors and Staff safe while enjoying the Museum. Here is what to expect before and during your visit to T/m:
BEFORE YOU VISIT
Postpone your visit if you have a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, if you have been sick within the past 10 days, have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have a chronic health condition that puts you at high risk.
You can also visit the UMKC website for current information on campus COVID-19 case notifications and notification policy, daily cases data, campus-wide communications from leadership, and additional policies and guidelines.
Visitors are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase a ticket prior to your T/m visit. This ensures your entry during this time of guest capacity restrictions. Walk-up tickets will only be available until capacity limits are met.
• Your confirmation and purchase of ticket acts as your acceptance and agreement to follow T/m visitor guidelines.
DURING YOUR VISIT
• Upon entry, T/m staff will verify your ticket reservation.
• A CDC-approved mask, covering nose and mouth, must be worn at all times in the Museum. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
• All visitors and Staff are expected to follow social distancing guidelines while in the Museum.
• T/m is striving to make the visitor experience as contactless as possible:
- Utilize the website to purchase an online ticket.
- Cash transactions are accepted but discouraged.
- Plexiglass screens are being implemented to protect employees and guests.
- Entry doors are equipped with motion sensors.
- Foot opening hardware is available for restroom doors.
- Some interactive gallery elements were removed or altered for contactless experience.
- While guided tours are not currently being offered, visitors can engage with the Museum through a variety of self-guided and virtual activities.
Complimentary sanitized amenities—such as gallery maps, scavenger hunts, and magnifying glasses—are available for check-out at the Visitor Services Desk.
MUSEUM SAFETY & CLEANING PRACTICES
• Staff who show any symptoms of COVID-19 are required to stay home.
• Capacity limits are posted in galleries, elevators, restrooms, and other confined spaces.
• Sanitizer stations are located in the lobby and at the elevator doors.
• Some in-gallery elements have been temporarily modified or closed.
The Museum has taken a pledge of safety with the following entities: