Planning a Safe Visit to T/m
August 11, 2020
The health and safety of our guests, Staff, and volunteers is T/m’s top priority. The following guidelines for your visit are designed to support the nationwide effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.
As part of multiple community safety pledges, we are doing all we can to keep visitors and Staff safe while enjoying the Museum. Here is what to expect before and during your visit to T/m:
BEFORE YOU VISIT
Postpone your visit if you have a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater, if you have been sick within the past 10 days, have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have a chronic health condition that puts you at high risk.
Visitors are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase a ticket prior to your T/m visit. This ensures your entry during this time of guest capacity restrictions. Walk-up tickets will only be available until capacity limits are met.
• Your confirmation and purchase of ticket acts as your acceptance and agreement to follow T/m visitor guidelines.
• T/m Staff will request your contact information to ensure we have adequate information to provide to the KCMO Department of Health if necessary for contact tracing in case of COVID-19 exposure.
• Your contact information will be maintained and only used to contact you if T/m is made aware of any potential COVID-19 exposure.
DURING YOUR VISIT
• Upon entry, T/m staff will verify your ticket reservation.
• A CDC-approved mask, covering nose and mouth, must be worn at all times in the Museum. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
• All visitors and Staff are expected to follow social distancing guidelines while in the Museum.
• T/m is striving to make the visitor experience as contactless as possible:
- Utilize the website to purchase an online ticket.
- Cash transactions are accepted but discouraged.
- Plexiglass screens are being implemented to protect employees and guests.
- Entry doors are equipped with motion sensors.
- Foot opening hardware is available for restroom doors.
- Some interactive gallery elements were removed or altered for contactless experience.
- While guided tours are not currently being offered, visitors can engage with the Museum through a variety of self-guided and virtual activities.
Complimentary sanitized amenities—such as gallery maps, scavenger hunts, and magnifying glasses—are available for check-out at the Visitor Services Desk.
MUSEUM SAFETY & CLEANING PRACTICES
• All T/m Staff are wearing appropriate PPE and monitoring personal health symptoms and temperature prior to each shift.
• Capacity limits are posted in galleries, elevators, restrooms, and other confined spaces.
• Sanitizer stations are located in the lobby and at the elevator doors.
• Dedicated Staff will be making rounds to sanitize frequently-touched surfaces.
• Some in-gallery elements have been modified or closed.
The Museum has taken a pledge of safety with the following entities:
There is a lot to see and do at T/m. We suggest visitors allow at least 60 minutes to view the Museum, but many visitors stay for hours. While younger guests are welcome, the Museum is best enjoyed by guests ages five and up.